Help us keep up the pace. As part of our future growth plans, we seek a VP or Director of Account Services to take our AE team to the next level.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, managing and growing an account team (currently 5 FTEs).
- Internal account leadership — the ability to critically review work from all departments to improve it and move it forward on behalf of clients.
- Assessing accounts for growth potential and playing an active role in taking clients to the next level of service and success.
Our work is mostly direct mail, both B2C and B2B. Since COVID, the agency’s client base has grown dramatically taking us into a variety of categories. Overall, clients cluster in broadly defined financial, technology and healthcare categories — from promising startups to household names.
The ideal candidate has expertise in all facets of DM — data, creative and production — and the vision to assess client marketing needs to guide strategies for ongoing testing and planning. Digital integration with direct mail is taking on greater importance and you’ll be helping the team to integrate those programs with direct mail across clients.
Strong communication skills are a must — written, developing presentations and the ability to deliver in live (or online) client meeting situations. You will be expected to lead the account team in presenting major agency initiatives and in building trusting relationships with clients.
We are an agency of 20 people and value teamwork across disciplines. Our ideal candidate recognizes the value of collaboration and values the insights other agency departments provide. This position reports directly to the COO, but will have informal interaction across all departments and all levels, including with the CEO.
You’ll be joining a well-oiled machine. Gunderson Direct has been around for 17 years. Our account staff is top-notch and we have processes in place plus the expertise it takes to keep complex projects on track. Clients rate our current account service as excellent (all clients are polled) so all the pieces are in place for success and future growth. A key criteria for success in this position will be growing existing clients.
If you meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you ASAP:
- Proven record developing and launching successful direct marketing campaigns: mail and digital.
- 7+ years of experience leading DM development and marketing teams
- Agency experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent persuasive and presentation skills
- Living in the Bay Area or western US. While currently a remote position, we will eventually want a presence in our Hayward office on a weekly or monthly basis to collaborate most effectively with agency teams.
Contact us if you are interested!