Gunderson Direct is one of the fastest growing direct marketing agencies in the U.S. We’re a Bay Area top 10 fastest growing agency according to the SF Business Times, #2,783 on the latest Inc.5000 list and #351 on the Financial Times’ fastest growing American companies. Direct mail is hot and we are proud of our channel leadership.
Help us keep up the growth pace by helping us to get things done. We seek a motivated Project Manager to join our account team as part of our plan to get to the next level. You don’t need to know direct mail; you do need to enjoy managing complex projects, know how to keep things moving and want to be a part of a growing and dynamic team.
Our project managers are in the middle of it all. The role of Project Manager at Gunderson Direct breaks down into the following key functions:
- Account team liaison — You are the grease in the wheels between the account team and agency creative, data and production departments to coordinate resources to ensure timely delivery of agency deliverables.
- Project timetable creation and management — Deadlines are fun! You’ll work with teams to create project schedules and you’ll play a pivotal role making sure we meet them.
- Internal scheduling — Who’s doing what, and when. Who reviews what, and when. (And even why.) You’ll be setting up meetings to kick off and review projects.
- Team meetings — Facilitate daily and weekly meetings between the account team and agency departments — briefly discuss current jobs and new client activity.
- Support your account team — Beyond a scheduler, you’ll help by providing background research on projects, overseeing creative revisions and assisting with PowerPoint content.
- Project forecasting — Work with the new business team to forecast upcoming projects and coordinate internal resources to jump on great new opportunities.
- Level 10 meetings — Take part in weekly account team meetings that actively identify and work towards solutions to the agency’s operational and growth challenges. On a scale of 1-10 we aim for a Level 10 every time.
Our work is mostly direct mail, both B2C and B2B. Recently, the agency’s client base has grown dramatically taking us into a variety of categories. Overall, clients cluster in broadly defined financial, technology and healthcare categories — from promising startups to household names. Digital integration with direct mail is taking on greater importance and you’ll be part of the team integrating cross-channel programs.
Strong communication skills are a must — formal and informal. Email, slack, calls, zooms and, who knows, even in person.
Our ideal candidate recognizes the value of collaboration and enjoys being at the center of things. We are proud of our supportive environment and place a high value on our culture of learning and improvement. This position reports directly to the VP of Account Management, but it is largely an independent role for someone who likes running things on their own.
The project manager enjoys unique insights into every department and aspect of direct mail. Our agency is growing and the right project manager will have plenty of opportunity for advancement.
You’ll be joining a well-oiled machine. Gunderson Direct has been around for 18 years. We are an agency of 20 people and value teamwork across disciplines. Our team is top-notch and we processes are already in place to keep complex projects on track.
Clients rate our current account service as excellent (all clients are polled) so all the pieces are in place for success and future growth.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years’ business experience running programs, projects, etc.
- Comfortable with a range of business software, including Office and Google suites
- Project, budget and timeline management skills
- Attention to detail
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in meetings and interacting with all levels of management
- Self-motivated, self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently
- Agency and/or marketing experience preferred, but not required
- Bay Area presence preferred, but not required. This is likely to be a hybrid office/WFH position
Contact us if you are interested!